Long-term monitoring stations for railway noise
Müller-BBM produces and operates Monitoring Systems for a continuous assessment of railway noise and vibrations.
Our long-term monitoring stations have been tested over many years and under all climatic conditions - they are suited for continuous operation and automated data analysis - just to meet your needs.
The monitoring stations
- record railway noise and vibrations and the resulting nuisance,
- determine the quality of the wheel tread (flats, polygons - it is possible to have a distinction between wheels with composite brakes and cast iron brakes,
- can measure several rail tracks simultaneously,
- can identify train type and velocity and
- independently sort out those measurements where interferences occur (two trains meeting, high background noise levels).
Possible applications are:
- proof of concept for noise reduction measures at railway routes
- noise Monitoring
- acoustic measurements for the determination of noise-dependent track pricing
- evaluation of the fraction of completed retrofits from cast iron brakes to wheels with composite brakes/LL-composite Brakes.
Characteric properties of the Monitoring stations are:
- modular design
- flexible customisation to your needs,
- meaningful statistic data collection from continuous monitoring,
- alarms triggered when limit values are exceeded (SMS, e-mail),
- lasting quality (in use for more than 15 years),
- complete automation - there is no need for the operator to intervene,
- online remote access (LAN, WLAN, UMTS/LTE) even in far-flung territories,
- automatic calibration of the microphones on demand.
The components are dependent on the specific problem and can come with the following sensor technology features, apart from the measurement recording program:
- vehicle detection
- weather-proof microphones
- axle detectors
- video recording
- weather data