High-precision rail surface measuring device
The rolling noise of rail vehicles depends on the roughness of rails and wheels. Therefore a detailed knowledge about the roughness of the running surface is essential to assess noise and vibration. This roughness is formed by imperfections in the dimension of a micrometer or even less. The measurement of the roughness thus forms high demands to the precision of the measuring system.
To cope with these requirements, the high-precise rail measuring device m|rail trolley was developed.
m|rail trolley is universal applicable for rail surface measurements in railway acoustics as well as in rail maintenance.
m | rail trolley is a light, moveable and highly precise device for continuous, longitudinal measurements of the rail surface. The calibration of the device fulfills the requirements for an accreditation according to [ISO/IEC 17025].
The typical applications of the m | rail trolley are:
- Normative quantification of a track section for acoustic homologation tests [prEN 15610] [EN ISO 3095], [TSINoise], [EN ISO 3381]
- Determination of input data for acoustic simulations of the rolling noise (e. g. within the design phase)
- Monitoring of the rail quality within the rail network
- Assessment of acoustic grinding
- Evaluation of grinding results according to [EN 13231-3] (longitudinal profile)
- Detection of acoustic and vibration relevant defects as corrugation
- Research work
The most important characteristics of the m | rail trolley are:
- High measurement accuracy with high repeatability
- Fast and easy installation of the device onto the rail
- Direct measurement of the rail surface by a displacement transducer
- Fast and easy setting of the sensor position
- Graphical user interface provided by the software
- Real-time display of measurement signal (during measurement)
- Full access to the raw data for an extended analysis
- Simple connection to the I/O device through a USB-port
- Power supply via USB-port (no battery required)
- Product support is guaranteed for at least 10 years
We will be happy to send you our flyer and product information. Please use our contact form.